Saturday 1 January 2011

1st January 2011 - just another day.

You know when people say things like "oh man, you were so funny last night" that maybe more alcohol was consumed than you may think. That was my hogmanay anyway, where I greeted the new year with an emphatic drunken slur. Kudos to Stacey and Danielle for a rousing night and one that I will struggle to remember the whole of.
I've noticed a consistent disgust through the world of Facebook that 2010 was largely an unpopular year and people are predicting great things to come in 2011. What people need to understand is that for something to change, they need to get their finger out and do something about it. As some people may well know, the month of November was quite a cruel one for me - so much that I decided it was a good time to suffer from my first mental breakdown - though most of the 11 other months of last year I would be more than happy to emulate. 

A new year resolution is one way for people to change their fortunes, however I for one know that by come March, about 0.3% of the Scottish population will still have theirs intact. All I want is to have fun. Since university work became less demanding, I've relaxed, and coming into the new year, I wouldn't change a thing.

All I ask is for everyone to have a great 2011 and if it fails to live up to expectations for a few of you, don't dip your head down and believe that "it's going to be another crap year", because that's crap in itself. Do something about it. And like the title of the book from the TV show The Highlife, I believe the motto should be followed for 2011:
"Dinnae be feart - grab life by the nuts"

No comments:

Post a Comment