Sunday 2 January 2011

What I Can't Live Without #2

#2: Immaturity
As a part of the festive celebrations, I welcome you to 2011 with a second blog update in the space of a single day, madness! If you're an adoring fan of mine, you will recall not so long ago that I ranted - for perhaps longer than I should have - about the importance of a fully functioning microwave in one's life. I stated that I may follow up on the theme of the title and after much deliberation with myself, I have succeeded in finding something else I would not cope without.


The thought of turning 23 next year is very daunting for several reasons:
  1. Friends will have full-time jobs (not so fun)
  2. That's only 7 years until I turn 30
  3. I need to start making long-term plans
  4. I need to drastically mature...
Ok, so maybe the fourth point there might not happen for I am not ashamed to say that I have the mental age of about 14.  Those of you who know me, I like to frequently indulge in immaturity, even if the situation does not require such behaviour. For those of you who haven't yet had the honour of knowing me, I wish you good luck. Sometimes I look to immaturity to break the awkward silence, which I despise on every level. Other times i might use this handy persona to induce a more lively conversation.

I'll be honest in saying that if I didn't indulge in immaturity, I wouldn't be the person that you know me as today and if I wouldn't like to know what I'd be like without it. I understand that I haven't yet linked the title of this particular blog to all this gibberish I've typed so far; I can't live without immaturiry because my life would be a bit boring without it. I like some cartoon shows that have a target audience of primary school children and have no shame in admitting that - they're fun!

Annoying Orange - A perfect example of the sort of humour I indulge in

Of course I have a more serious side too but even then, that gets boring if I maintain it for so long. What I love more than anything else about immaturity is that people around me relax and express their immaturity if they know that nobody is judging them with every action they make. Even when it comes to speaking to girls for the first time, I don't come away with chat-up lines and flex my muscles to impress because it's not who I am. I like to be myself and if someone decides that I'm not their "type of guy", they can move on and I won't batter an eyelid.

So there you have it, I'm wrapping up that topic because if you know me already, none of what I've typed will come as any great surprise. All I've done here is write about part of who I am and attempted to waste about 130 seconds of your life by reading this. If you're still reading here, then I have achieved my original intention of this blog (I'm easily amused also, this being an example).

No comments:

Post a Comment