Tuesday 30 November 2010

The Little Things

In the latter half of November, a melancholic cloud started to creep up on me but I - just and no more - managed to thwart its relentless attacks until December arrived (better known in a game of tig as "den"). Finally I can speak of November 2010 in the past tense.
Bliss.

Rather than pick out the minor aspects of life and let it gnaw on my already stressed mind, I can take a step back and pick out the unobtrusive things that gives me a quick rush of felicity and tranquility. I'm not talking about the soppy stuff like a ladybug getting itself comfortable at a tea party or a rose blowing in a somewhat meaningful direction, no, I'm not yet sure what it will be I come across that makes me smile as if I had heard a Muse mixtape being played in a shop. Inadvertently finding the needle in the haystack; something like that.

I'll wake up tomorrow knowing that it's December; that's a good thing. Though saying that, I don't have an advent calendar (so far) this year but I suppose a slab of chocolate for breakfast isn't the best start to the day; again probably a good thing. See, optimism flowing through my bloodstream already! On that note, my internet dongle has stopped flashing blue and started to give out lime green pulses (first time since I bought this over two months ago, must be feeling the Christmas spirit). Oh my, high hopes for December one is thinking!

To conclude, I will capture the overall tone of this post by giving you a personal smiley face.

:) There we go.

No comments:

Post a Comment