Wednesday 23 February 2011

What I Can't Live Without #3

#3: Something new (never posted a picture in one colour before - new).


I couldn't have stressed enough in the last of these 'What I Can't Live Without' blogs that normality has no place in my life. Before I stated that a normal attitude, sense of humour, etc. was intolerable, yet I'm branching out further by claiming that a normal life also falls into the bracket. What is classed as a normal life? Though there isn't a defining answer on this, having the same daily routine for a stretched period of time becomes a part of your 'normal' life, so things have to change eventually. Think about it this way; take Oasis for example. Why did they make Be Here Now and not a similar album to their first two records? Because it was getting Oasis-normal, they had to tweek their songs so that their fans wouldn't grow tired of normality. Which is why I'm very grateful 'The Life and Times of Mr Cumming' has been thrusted into sixth gear in recent months.

Radio contol and Strongbow? Sold.
Before I rant on any further, I have to take this (near) perfect opportunity to reveal the news that myself and fellow blogger Stephen are in the negotiation stage of hosting our own hour-long radio show though Strathclyde Fusion. See, it's (near) perfect because it actually bears significance to this blog, yet is surprising news to a few folk reading this. As you can tell - whether you know me well or not - I can talk for Scotland and so far have only found this blog as a place of solitude, but somwhere I can blether away AND play a few of mine and Stephen's favourite tunes in the middle with people - hopefully - tuning in live?  I've even produced a big cheesy smile at the thought of it.
(at the moment, it's looking like Tuesdays at 10pm - subject to change)


I suppose becoming a 'radio DJ' is one way to escape the shackles of normality. Quite a drastic change too - not to mention giving that good old Curriculum Vitae a nice glossy touch. When wanting something new in your life, you know one change is nowhere near enough! That's where The Cathouse Rock Club comes into the picture. I like... Not using the word 'normal... Let's call them Lady GaGa clubs as much as the next drunk, but again, change is where it's at. It's not that I crave for a mosh pit every week nor that I want to become a 'Catty regular', but the dancefloors have such a different vibe to them, everybody's "buzzin'" and after finding a new 'song of the moment' in Rammstein's Du Hast, it offers a very unique option to the half-drunken 11pm question: "Where we headed?"
Rammstein: Making my nights that bit better since 2011.

I could go on all night about what's changed in 2011, but the other major change is the absence of T in the Park. Don't get me wrong, the last four years have been some of the best weekends of my life, yet it's become a formality in my life, a bit like Christmas. Unlike Christmas though, I'm changing this formality as I need something new - even downgrading to Rockness would still provide something new for me to experience.

Then there's the 'antler dance' (made famous by Papa Joes Restaurant - Dundee), but that'll be for another day. There's also the new pet (which I like to call Cyclops), but that wasn't my move so it's not ME giving MYSELF something new to look forward to. Irrelevant.

Bear in mind that some things have to stay the same: being a LAD (there's your shout out Rossy), the constant disappointment of supporting Dundee United, drumming, FIFA-related anger, drunken tomfoolery, TFI Friday, my immature side (see 'What I Can't Live Without #2) and lots more I can't really be bothered typing out. So... Yeh, that's pretty much it. Three weeks since my last blog entry and already I'm showing signs of forgetting what a blog is.

No comments:

Post a Comment